Did you know that barbed wire was first invented in the Wild West as a cheap way to control livestock?
Me neither, but that was the subject of this short sequence for a WW1 Uncut episode. Featuring cows morphing in to soldiers left, right and centre, this sequence manages to be both funny and poignant at the same time.
Here’s the full episode. This animated sequence is at 00:30 seconds –
View our complete “Behind WW1 Uncut” articles:
- Behind WW1 Uncut #1 – Trenches: Blackboard
- Behind WW1 Uncut #2 – Trenches: Board of War
- Behind WW1 Uncut #3 – Soldier’s Food: Ration-ality
- Behind WW1 Uncut #4 – Soldier’s Kit: Quelle Dromage!
- Behind WW1 Uncut #5 – Barbed Wire: Cowboys
- Behind WW1 Uncut #6 – Barbed Wire: Cottage Industry
- Behind WW1 Uncut #7 – Barbed Wire: Wiring Parties